The Institute TTN at the LMU Munich invites young scientists to submit abstracts for the international Summer School:
“Beyond the precautionary principle? Ethical, legal and societal aspects of Genome Editing in Agriculture”
Recent advances in Genome Editing for agricultural purposes pose general questions in a new light: How should we regulate new breeding technologies for plants and livestock in a scientific way? What are the legal, societal and ethical backgrounds of the current food labelling practice in different countries, especially in Germany and the United Kingdom? Do we have to re-interpret the way the precautionary principle is understood in current risk assessments?
- Date: 2-6 October 2017
- Place: Weilheim (near Munich), Germany
- Submission of abstracts (deadline): 1 March 2017
- Conference language: English
- Organiser: Institute TTN at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- Funded by: German Federal Ministry for Education and Research
More information in this document or via http://www.ttn-institut.de/summerschool.